“Thank you and your team yesterday for the amazing level of care you gave me…For someone petrified of hospitals I felt completely at ease“ EO
I find hand surgery fascinating, and provide a comprehensive service to look after hand and wrist conditions, and problems with peripheral nerves in the upper limb.
I am one of a small number of consultants in the country awarded the BSSH Diploma in Hand Surgery from the University of Manchester. This advanced level of expertise means you don’t need to see several consultants to get the treatment you need.
Where needed, I work closely with a select team of hand therapists to ensure your recovery from any surgery is as speedy as possible.
Conditions I treat
Some people come to see me because they have conditions affecting the use of their hands or wrists, for example with carpal tunnel syndrome or trigger finger. Others come because growths have appeared, such as cysts, ganglions or nodes which they don’t like and want removed.
The conditions I treat include:
• Dupuytren’s Disease (where fingers contract towards the palm)
• Carpal tunnel syndrome
• Cubital tunnel syndrome (pressure on the nerve in the area of the elbow)
• Trigger finger
• Mucous cysts/ganglions
• Rheumatoid arthritis
• De Quervain’s tenosynovitis (affecting the tendons on the thumb side of your wrist)
• Skin lesions in the hand and upper limb
• Tendon injury and reconstruction
• Hand bone fractures